Manufacturing 2000 is a program that offers free training to people who want to become machinists and are not currently working in machine shops. The program is offered by New Century Careers, but is located at Eastern Westmoreland CTC. Currently, many manufacturing companies in Westmoreland County, and the Pittsburgh Region, are searching for qualified machinists. If you or someone you know is looking for a new career opportunity, taking this course is a great way to gain the skills and experience needed to get a job in the manufacturing industry.
- The program offers three levels including: Manual/CNC Machine Operator, Machine Operator/Machinist Trainee, and Manual/CNC Machinist Trainee.
- The program is 250-600 hours. Classes are offered at Eastern Westmoreland CTC every Monday- Friday from 4-9pm.
- The course teaches basic operations of lathes, vertical milling machines, CNC machines, pedestal grinders, saws, drill presses, surface grinders, and various shop tools.
- Attendees may choose to participate all five evening per week or set a schedule of two- three evenings per week to suit their schedules.
- Attendees may begin at any time during the year subject to New Century Careers’ approval.
Interested? Follow the four-step application process listed in the attached New Century Careers’ Manufacturing 2000 application. You can take the entrance exam at EWCTC!
Not interested? Please forward this information to anyone you know who may be looking for a new career opportunity. Thanks!
To ensure the safety of our students, visitors to Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center will now be required to scan their ID upon entering the building. A valid PA driver's license is preferred.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATIONEastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center, in accordance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, will not discriminate in educational programs which it operates, or in admission or enrollment procedures on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, or handicap. The Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution. We assure that procedures and practices are followed to provide equal access to all programs. Any questions concerning the application of Title IX, compliance or complaints may be referred to the Vocational Administrator, Compliance Officer, at 4904 Route 982, Latrobe, PA 15650, 724-539-9788 - Extension 331.