To ensure the safety of our students, visitors to Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center will now be required to scan their ID upon entering the building. A valid PA driver's license is preferred.
Call or text 724-302-0042 to anonymously report incidents of bullying or other incidents of concern.
Certificate of Achievement – EWCTC received a Certificate of Achievement from the Pennsylvania Department of Education Bureau of Career and Technical Education. The students exceeded the expected PDE increase in levels of performance in reading, mathematics and occupation skills.
Eleven students competed inthis years state competitions in Hershey, PA.
Welcome to Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center. We are truly the start of something great with our career and technology programs integrating academics into the classroom. Students at EWCTC have the opportunity to learn state of the art technology, trade skills, and employability skills. EWCTC offers 16 programs, computer labs, English classes, and math remediation classes. Students can obtain nationally recognized certifications in a variety of programs.
The placement rate of 2016 graduating seniors is high, with 96% going directly to work, post-secondary education and/or the military. To visit and tour Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center contact Heather Kaecher at 724-539-9788 ext 309.
To equip students with the knowledge and advanced technical skills necessary to excel in industry relevant careers and post-secondary education.
Our school will...
- Meet the needs of business and industry through advanced technical training and academic rigor.
- Emphasize the need for students and staff to be active lifelong learners.
- Recognize the strengths and potential of each student to achieve higher standards.
- Continually develop post-secondary, community, and business and industry partnerships.
Our students will...
- Graduate with a comprehensive career plan that includes post-secondary and career navigation skills.
- Demonstrate sophisticated technical knowledge with real world application.
- Be productive thinkers, problem solvers and self-starters who demonstrate high-level communication skills and a positive work ethic.
- Commit to being responsible, productive citizens who contribute and make a meaningful difference in our community.
- Succeed in both the workplace and post-secondary education which includes training and certificate programs and two-year degree programs.
Eastern Westmoreland Career & Technology Center
4904 Route 982 Latrobe, PA 15650
Phone: 724.539.9788 Fax: 724.539.1907